Is someone fast forwarding time? I’m finding it hard to believe we’re in the middle of June! This last week has been rather challenging for me, it’s been really full on so I barely even looked at my last Weekly Wishes let alone achieved them! Anyway this Thursday my hubby and I will be taking a well deserved short break to Amsterdam so I am very much looking forward to that! I usually meticulously research and prepare what we’re going to be doing, but this time round, I booked flights out of the blue, randomly chose a hotel without looking to see exactly where it is and that’s it! We’ll have to make things up as we go along – maybe it will be a bit more fun that way! Anne Frank’s house is a definite on our list, other than that we’ll probably just explore the city ourselves and hopefully have time for one or two of the amazing museums there too.Here’s a rundown on how I fared with last week’s goals:
1. Write/ schedule at least 4 blog posts. Erm, no. Embarrasingly my last post is last week’s Weekly Wishes, how pathetic is that L I blame it on my crazy hectic week
2. Sign up for two upcoming local fairs to promote my wellbeing business – check J All signed up and paid and ready to roll for July, looking forward to it as my wellbeing business has been lying dormant for a while
3. Finish wallpapering our hallway – don’t even get me started on this. Annoyingly I did the wallpaper lining wrong and had to strip it all (again!) and start again. However, the hallway is 80% papered, nearly there! Just the wall behind the dratted radiator now!
4. Start putting together my speech for my next Toastmasters meeting. Short answer is no. See 1 above for my excuse!
5. Spring clean at least 2 rooms at home. Again – nope. I’ll get there soon though!
6. Run at least twice with my 10km run just weeks away now! I ran once which is a good start. The race seemed so far away when I registered and all of a sudden it’s round the corner – panic! Definitely more running on the agenda this week!
7. Spend half an hour on reflection/ planning every day. Actually yes, despite my crazy week. There were quite a few sunny days last week and so when I got home I sat in the garden probably for half an hour or more and I eased my guilt by using it as reflection/ planning time. Works a treat and helps me to focus rather than run about like a headless chicken.
And my goals this week?
Actually – I think I’ll set myself ONE goal this week and that’s to do a 'life audit'. June is always a time of reflection for me as a halfway mark through the year, so this week I’ll try to evaluate where I am and where I’m going in terms of my goals set for this year and my life in general! It's always so easy to get caught up in the hype and just get pushed along through life.
And of course catch up with all the goals I didn’t achieve last week! Oh, and go to Amsterdam – so it’s actually half a week for me this week - eek!
Linking up with Weekly Wishes over at The Nectar Collective!
How has your week been and what are your main goals for this week?