The days are certainly flying by as Christmas approaches - I can’t believe Christmas is next Thursday - eek!
My week’s been a bit of whirlwind one with lots on at work and our house is still in the process of having some electrical rewiring done and retiling in the kitchen so it’s mayhem. I’m finding it very difficult actually as I love to have everything in its place and now that everything is all over the place (we’ve had to empty the kitchen contents into other rooms) I’m feeling very unsettled – for me a clutter house gives me a cluttered mind. Does anyone else get that?
Anyway let’s see how I did with last week’s weekly wishes, despite barely giving them a thought!
Start thinking about Christmas(decorations, presents, food etc) – I did start thinking about it and even took it a step further by buying some presents! I hate doing this at the last minute when it stresses me out, I like to take my time finding the perfect gifts so I’ve been doing a bit here and a bit there and will continue doing so this week. I haven’t given food a though so that’s a goal for this week! Prepare and practice a speech for the Toastmasters Tall Tales Contest at our local club– check! I was tempted to cancel as I was so busy at work and very stressed out with both work and home – but I decided to stick to it. I managed to come up with something, practice it a couple of times and I won second prize! I was so pleased, it was really encouraging and I am now thinking about entering the International Contest next year!
- GYM – the short answer is no L I did get as far as the door on one day but suddenly had to rush home to see contractors!
Complete my Tiny Habits programme– yes! I didn’t always remember to do my Tiny Habits but I generally did well and I’m doing it again this week until it truly sticks. It’s a great way of trying to form good habits and I highly recommend it! Find out more about it here! Do something to market my wellbeing business– not intentionally but I got speaking to my masseuse (I get terrible tension in my shoulders and back and even legs) and she was very interested in hearing more about my business so that was a result J
And this week’s goals?
- I am starting to panic about Christmas and want Christmas related stuff done by this weekend so I can enjoy the run up to Christmas next week and not be running around like a headless turkey! This week I need to plan and buy food and finish pressie shopping!
- Blog 2-3 times this week – I want to find a way of incorporating this into my Tiny Habits programme so that it’s not so much effort blogging and becomes a habit!
- Get our kitchen up and running – the electrician and tiler really need to have everything done and dusted this week!
- Start planning for 2015 – I love planning for a new year so I want to get started on that. Melyssa over at The Nectar Collective has suggested using Leonie Dawson’s workbook so I’ll be buying that to help me along!
- Wrap things up at work so I can take a well-deserved break over Christmas – this really should have been first as it’s the most important goal! I have a mountain of work to get through this week and really need to have everything completed by Friday otherwise it means coming in over the Christmas period which I really want to avoid – I need to be able to switch off work completely!
- Plan something fun and Christmassy to do with my daughter/ the family (i.e. at least two things!)
I think that’s enough to keep me busy this week which will no doubt go by in the blink of an eye!